My wife and I had our annual trip to Clarksville to see eagles. There were over
25 Bald Eagles, mostly adults, and lot of American White pelicans there. We
did make two stops on the way - Winfield Lock and Dam and slough and
Clarence Cannon NWR. It looks like the American Avocet has left. We did see
about 40 Greater White-fronted Geese and a good number of ducks including a
lot of Northern Pintails both near the dam and in the slough, Ruddy Duck (all
near the dam), Mallard, Gadwall, and one male American Wigeon. The only gull
I saw there and also in Clarksville was Ring-billed. At CCNWR, we observed
over 500 Snow Geese, some more Greater White-fronted Geese, Canada
Geese, Mallard, Northern Shoveler, two adult Northern Harriers, and 15 Bald
Eagles (all immature). I have to go to work pretty soon. I will try to go to
Riverlands to get Western Grebe on my Missouri life list after work tomorrow
morning.

Good birding,
Jim Hickner

ASM Spring Meeting: May 3-5 2013 in St. Joseph, MO