Steve Dilks and I chose the birds of Stoddard County for our GBBC today.
Therefore we counted birds at Mingo National Wildlife Refuge and Otter
Slough CA.  We tallied 75 species and 19 of them had only one bird.  As you
know you can count only the number you see at one time.  We estimated 6,000
Snow Geese at Otter Slough.  We left at 7 a.m. and got back at 7 p.m.  It
was sunny all day but very cold and windy while walking the boardwalk at
Otter.

Robert Lewis