Hi Paul,

Hope you're doing better.

To answer your question, PROBABLY.  When I went to the Port LaVaca area of
Texas a couple of years ago to help band Loggerhead Shrikes, we recaptured
a previously banded bird.  As it turns out, it was banded by her Sub-permittee
2 years earlier about 1 mile from where we recaptured it.  It was not a local
bird, DNA indicated it was from a Northern Tier state.  She went back again
last year and is down there again this year to band more Shrikes.  Haven't
heard if she has recaptured any more, but it was a pretty exciting find.

Speaking of Shrikes, I found (thanks to Larry Olpin) a pair of Loggerhead
Shrikes in Courtship Display mode today just east of Warrensburg about a mile
north of the road where the Mountain Bluebird was found last year.  Looks like
we probably have a nice location for us to monitor a pair of breeding
Loggerhead Shrikes.  I'm sure Larry and others in the area will keep an eye out
for young this Spring.  It was a nice Valentine's Day with a beautiful pair of
Love Birds.

Here's a shot of one of the shrikes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37984984@N08/8475128310/

Good Birding,