Or as I like to refer to them as, ‘yard birds’!  The surprise snow brought them all back to my feeders this morning.  Actually the Rusty BBs and the PISIs are regulars although there must have been 2 dozen Rusty BBs this morning and a dozen in the late afternoon.  I hadn’t seen the Crossbills since I posted them on Jan 21, but I observe that both dates they were here at about the same time of the morning when I typically am not here.  So I wonder if they are coming by regularly.

Maybe Christian Hagenlocher can assign some students to watch my feeders every morning…

Mike Grant

Chesterfield, MO