A not-quite-trivial addition to my post about the SLAS field trip yesterday:

Upon my arrival home in Shrewsbury, I glanced at the pond that our rear deck overlooks (known locally as Lake Kenrick) and saw a small white goose among the Canadas, maybe 100 feet away.  Binoculars confirmed that it was a Ross's Goose.  So for me that was waterfowl species number 23 for the day, and a pretty good yard bird.

Bill Rowe
St. Louis