Hello MoBirders,

Just wanted to share an interesting observation I made while driving today- I noticed on the side of MO-367 south a small flock of common starlings were eating a road killed mammal that was thawed on the side of the road. About 15-20 birds were perched on and around the open carcass and feeding vigorously in the look that I had at 55 mph. I've seen starlings mob and peck a songbird nearly to death, but have never seen them eat road kill. Adaptive and resourceful indeed.

Christian

Christian Hagenlocher
Principia Upper School
St. Louis, MO