Birders,

As Jerry's preliminary message indicated, June and I were the victims of a car break-in.  The car was parked 20 feet from the door of the Hen House restaurant at Pontoon Beach, IL, at noon today.  The left door lock was professionally punched in.

Items we lost include:
2 computers
2 Swarovski HD 80 spotting scopes
1 Swarovski 8X32 binoculars (they missed June's as they flipped coats around back seat) --they left the extended tripods
1 Cannon camera
2 ipods

adding this up?

Clothing lost includes high-end winter wear--North Face & Columbia coats, nylon pants, and more

There is a sick old joke:  Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Well, other than the above, we had a fantastic 6-day trip of about 2,700 miles to New Jersey and Long Island.
We saw 8 species of geese, including Pink-footed and Barnacle; 3 Northern Lapwings; Red-throated Loon; Eurasian Wigeon; a dozen Common Redpolls.

Both of us have lost many computer files not backed up--yes, stupid.  This means several of you may get queries from one or the other of us to fill in information we have lost regarding ASM and other birding-related matters.

Edge Wade, who will be birding with old binoculars
Columbia, MO