Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar? (Hamlet, V.i)

Cheers,
  CR

________________________________
 From: P <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, February 8, 2013 3:19 AM
Subject: Re: An Eliot Preference

Complete the following line:

Alas poor Richard, I knew him good Yorick,
A fellow of ....

P. M.
P.S. The right-hand man of the winner of the battle of Hastings was a fellow named Montgomery, who, I believe, became the first Prince of Wales. (Move over Charles!)

Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

The PARIS REVIEW

http://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2013/02/05/the-daughter-of-time/

CR