Interesting string here.  Interesting too how much nonsense permeates across the web.  Adam Kirsch in an essay today in The New Republic about the state of the essay suggests that many essayists are incapable of anything but autobiographical writing and its attendant self-idolatry and self-purpose.  All of which may also suggest that it is wiser to concentrate on the "public" poems produced by a "public" poet such as Eliot and leave the early poems (and perhaps even the details of the early life) to those in need of a theme (not topic) for some immature undergraduate writing assignment or for those promoting themselves as thoughtful by quoting drivel such as this on the web.

Eugene Schlanger
-----Original Message-----
From: Nancy Gish <[log in to unmask]>
To: TSE <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Mon, Feb 18, 2013 3:36 pm
Subject: TYPO--- 'Departure and Arrival' by TS Eliot ???

Sorry, the next to last line of my comment should obviously say "cannot."

>>> Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]> 02/18/13 3:14 PM >>>
The lines are hardly worthy of including even in _The Stuffed Owl_ (an
anthology of bad verse). It reminds one of The Sweet Singer of Michigan. Bad
lines from Dryden or Wordsworth at least show a distant acquaintance with
the cadences of English.

Carrol