This is what is on www.blurtit., whoever or whatever that is. It is difficult to imagine anything less accurate or more cliched and silly. No one is listed as having established the authorship or having checked that it is only the first stanza and then what Ken calls "stripling graduation poem." It is extremely unhelpful to spread this stuff unless one can establish that Eliot actually wrote all the rest of that extremely adolescent poem and can show where it appears in any of his writing.

This is why just assuming anything on the web is information, let alone understanding, can be accepted.

Can anyone find the rest? One can only hope not.
Nancy

"Departure and Arrival" is one of the Eliot's early poems. It is a combination of idealism and optimism. It inspires us to accept the most difficult challenges of life. Eliot urges us to set high goals before us and then strive fearlessly to achieve them. We must plan to reach our destination. Departure is a must for a final arrival. The struggle to make this world a better place according to our vision is a self-rewarding virtue. To work for the welfare of others is a noble but difficult mission.

>>> Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]>02/18/13 9:36 AM >>>
You'll kindly excuse me but I must share this link as well:

http://www.blurtit.com/q979418.html

CR

Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]>:

BTW,

Here're some poetic pages on DEPARTURES that set out with the
opening stanza of the poem ascribed to Eliot.

http://www.gilesswayne.com/images/home/departures-booklet.pdf

CR