> Leonard?

My memory for proper nouns is radically imperfect. What was his name?

> Are you suggesting that a person is the summary of his or her actions, or, as
> the modern jargon would have it, a narrative?
> P. M.

I don't think so? I'm working on a response to Peter D that may cover this.

But see also the Sixth of the eleven Theses on Feuerbach:

*********
Feuerbach resolves the religious essence into the human essence. But the human essence is no abstraction inherent in each single individual.

In its reality it is the ensemble of the social relations.

Feuerbach, who does not enter upon a criticism of this real essence, is consequently compelled:

1. To abstract from the historical process and to fix the religious sentiment as something by itself and to presuppose an abstract - isolated - human individual.

2. Essence, therefore, can be comprehended only as "genus", as an internal, dumb generality which naturally unites the many individuals. *******

Carrol