In 'Snow Storm' Turner created a vortex which both sucks you in and spits you out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-2135561/William-Hogarth-Pablo-Picasso-The-greatest-works-art.html

CR

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>;
To: <[log in to unmask]>;
Subject: Re: OT - boustrophedon
Sent: Sun, Feb 3, 2013 7:11:53 PM

I now this is a but off-line but after reading this of thought of the vortex imagined by Turner in so many of his paintings.

Eugene Schlanger

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 2, 2013, at 8:38 AM, P <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

But a very strange way to plow a field.

The maelstrom might be a better source for that image.

P. M.

Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

A variation on this is going round and round in a ring endlessly.

"I see crowds of people, walking round in a ring."

Associated with hell in Dante.

CR