I committed to survey Cooley Lake Trumpeter Swans to be included in the statewide count ending today.   I am recovering from one of the epizootics so trendy right now, and cannot get out.  Is anyone in the Clay Co area able to get to Cooley Lake today?  There have been 12-14 birds each time I've been by there for a couple of weeks.  They are usually "grazing" in the row crop field between the CA road and highway 210.  One has a yellow collar with black lettering which I've been unable to read.  If you are aware of any at other areas in the northwest part of the state, please do report them according to the instructions below.

June Newman
Carrollton