I wonder if they come out earlier if there are fewer Northern Harriers about.  I've often watched the owls come out right after the harriers roost.

June Newman
Carrollton

On Jan 10, 2013, at 10:05 PM, Mike Grant wrote:

During the Clarence Canon CBC Sue Gustafson and I watched a Short-eared out hunting before 2:30 in the afternoon.

Mike Grant
Chesterfield, MO
From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of MARGE LUMPE
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Short-eared Owl at Hi Lonesome

Ron & I went seeking Short-eared Owls last evening a little before 5:00.  At 5:07 at the corner of Cemetery Rd. and Lumpee Ave. we found one.  In reference with Pat Lueders report, perhaps we should have started earlier.  They are such mystical and beautiful creatures.
Marge

Marge Lumpe
P. O. Box 448
Cole Camp, MO 65325
Benton County

Archives / Subscription options / ASM Website / Email the list owners

ABA Birding Code of Ethics

ASM Spring Meeting: May 3-5, 2013 in St. Joseph, MO. Details and Online Registration