From: Mark Haas <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, January 10, 2013 10:50:41 AM
Subject: White-winged Dove (not Crossbill) in Cape Girardeau

Yesterday afternoon, I watched a White-winged Dove perched in someone’s front-yard tree, for over 5 minutes, across the street from Cape Woods CA in the City of Cape Girardeau. This was at the south end of the CA and it seemed unbothered by nearby pedestrian and vehicle traffic. Bill Eddleman wondered if it might be visiting a neighborhood bird feeder. I don’t know.

I believe this is only the second winter sighting of this species in MO.

Mark Haas

Jackson, MO

Cape County