I thought this would be of interest to MOBirders.

Mike Grant

Chesterfield, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Brady <[log in to unmask]>
To: wisbirdn <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: ashlandbirders <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wed, Jan 9, 2013 3:51 pm
Subject: [wisb] Northern Shrike returns for 8th consecutive winter

She's back! A female Northern Shrike that I first banded in March 2006 has
returned to its winter territory near Ashland for at least an eighth
consecutive
year, making her at least 8.5 years old and by far the oldest Northern
Shrike
ever known in North America. Read more about her unique story at:

http://ebird.org/content/wi/news/the-oldest-northern-shrike-in-north-america

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady