I birded a portion of Big Sugar Creek State Park last
Friday morning, Jan. 4.  There was a Red-shafted Flicker
among the 10 Northern Flickers observed.  24 species
on just a mile portion of the north trail for SPARKS.

No Eastern Phoebes back there on a couple of ledges
where they are common just a little later.  I almost
expected to find one or two back there, but, no luck.
This park is in McDonald County.

Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper County MO.  certhia ATatt .net