Today I went to Winfield Lock & Dam to find the American Avocet was still there (as well as many Wilson's Snipe, Least Sandpipers and more).  Here's a link to a little video I digiscoped of this new snow bird for any who might enjoy it.  At B.K. Leach I had my first ever chance to take close-up photos of Short-eared Owls (one was perched only ten feet from me).  I wanted to share a little slide show of my pics.

Short-eared Owl Slideshow
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildreturn/sets/72157632396609729/show/

American Avocet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdZI6B8aU1o&hd=1