Today I went to Winfield Lock & Dam to find the American Avocet was
still there (as well as many Wilson's Snipe, Least Sandpipers and more).
Here's a link to a little video I digiscoped of this new snow bird for
any who might enjoy it.  At B.K. Leach I had my first ever chance to
take close-up photos of Short-eared Owls (one was perched only ten feet
from me).  I wanted to share a little slide show of my pics.

Short-eared Owl Slideshow
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildreturn/sets/72157632396609729/show/
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildreturn/sets/72157632396609729/show/>

American Avocet