Read what? I just did read the essay. If you mean the letter, my point is that any one statement of Eliot can be found to be contradicted elsewhere--so no, I have not read the letter, but that does not affect my point. And Eliot is not the final authority on his own work anyway--also part of my point. So I don't know what you think you "got" but you can't dismiss the contradictions. They are all over. Did you want the entire page of his critique of a method of criticism retyped?

>>> Ken Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>01/11/13 8:11 PM >>>
Gotcha, you haven't read it, either.