A couple of months before I got fascinated by Herman Hesse and I read a few of his works and a few short biographies.  I came to know that Eliot was interested in him too and that they were acquainted too.  Searching for more information I found that Rick Parker had some very interesting information in his website at :

http://world.std.com/~raparker/exploring/tseliot/people/hesse.html

I wrote an introduction to Hesse’s Siddhartha for a few of my friends which features Eliot too .  If interested you can find it at:

http://www.albanytamilsangam.org/vishvesh/Hesse.htm

I would love to see more on this subject.  Both have had a great fascination for Buddhism and seemed to have had other similar interests as well.

Regards,
vishvesh