 From: Peter Dillane <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: T S Eliot's 'Sweeney Agonistes' - Globe Theatre

terrific david,

this week I heard an elderly composer say she and her daughter both used to listen to the rising scale of propellor engined airplanes as they took off - B flat was prominent. Perhaps she could have corroborated his evidence. He certainly used to jump about playing  the saxophone which was more animated than was fashionable then I recall. But the rest of this crew would be a hoot  - Williamson, Revill, Cribbins and LeMesurier all together is a contrasting company.

cheers Pete.

John Dankworth once tried to get off a speed infringement charge by claiming that he always knew when he was at the speed limit because his gearbox whined in G Flat  - ingenious, but cut no ice with the court.