Since the same could be said for readers of many other writers, Ken's statement is more a matter of principle, without assumptions as to who does or does not "get" whatever.
P. M.

Nancy Gish <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

The unstated assumption in your claims here is that you do "get" Eliot and therefore are in a postion to judge whether others do.  But that is simply one of many perspectives.
Nancy