Given the amount of time spent on "scholarship" in spite of CR's delightfully assiduous attempts to focus on poetry, and given how he is insidiously repaid for his efforts, I would have to say that the list has a heavy bent toward prose debate with a little fig leaf of scholarship thrown into the reprobate tea for good measure. I would welcome scholarly endeavours such as Jerome prods us to, but I fear the effects of publish or perish have long since worn the gloss off those apples -- ah the bitter apple and the bite in the iPhone. I fear I have succumbed to my old temptation. Stercum tauri cerebra confundit.
Rocky.

"[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I have been asked to write a review about the volume of poetry by Sharon Olds just awarded the T.S. Eliot poetry prize and may reference this discussion site as evenly divided among those who love poetry and those who love scholarship.  Thoughts?  Comments?  Objections?

Special thanks to C.R. whose posting first alerted me and my editor to the award.

Eugene Schlanger

Sent from my iPhone