It may also well have something to do with the art scene in Paris, c1910-1911.
P. M.

Richard Seddon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Nancy

This bears considerable resemblance to my understanding of Pound"s  Image (with a big I).  What is left out is Pound's insistence on powerful language facilitating the emergence of the Image (big I).  I do not mean to suggest in any fashion an equivalence between TSE's "Metaphysical" poetry and Pound's "Imagism" but rather am struck by what appear similarities in their thinking.  Perhaps this was part of what attracted the two men to each other.  They certainly were very different in most other ways.

I will have to give this more thought.  Thanks

Richard Seddon
Portales, NM