If this is a personal reaction to me, it is offensively rude and out of
line.

On your thesis, many professors no doubt would have shared your reading
of Eliot, and many would not.

>>> Chokh Raj 01/11/13 11:53 PM >>>

To quote from 'Conversation Galante':

“You, madam, are the eternal humorist,
The eternal enemy of the absolute,
Giving our vagrant moods the slightest twist!
With your air indifferent and imperious
At a stroke our mad poetics to confute—”

---

Incidentally a remark by one of the examiners on my Ph.D. thesis on
Eliot's early poetry:

"The early poems (of T.S. Eliot), Mr. Mittal rightly argues, seem to
work on the principle of an absolutist poetics -- a poetics geared to
the spiritual centres which the poet is able to locate finally in the
Four Quartets."

---

CR