On 1/10/2013 10:57 AM, Nancy Gish wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
The unstated assumption in your claims here is that you do "get" Eliot and therefore are in a postion to judge whether others do.

    I don't think that assumption is there, but let's say it is. Would it be a problem? How would it differ from your saying, "But that is simply one of many perspectives"? Is it your assumption that you have competency in all perspectives and can therefore make the judgement that any perspective is "simply one of many perspectives"? Would it not be a double standard to object to my doing in kind exactly what you are doing: making a judgement?  You certainly don't live by the principle that any perspective is simply one of many. Just read back through your posts.

[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
  "But that is simply one of many perspectives."

       At least let's notice that our claims are mutually exclusive. No paradox here; either/or, not both.

Thanks,
Ken A

[log in to unmask]" type="cite">