Thanks, CR. The UK edition comes out the 17th, but I notice on stateside
Amazon that the Kindle edition is out Tuesday, though it's not
inexpensive at $34.99. But it would be delivered that day.

Regarding destiny, my Eliot prof. used to point out that one can
struggle against one's fate or get in step with one's destiny. No doubt
the reviewer meant E was a man less buffeted by fate in the act of
accepting his destiny. Can't really control it, destiny being what it is..

Ken A