MoBirders,
The "green backed" male Lesser Goldfinch was last seen at 7:00 am. this morning.  The hosts in Eastbridge Street home in the Tiffany Highlands subdivision in Nixa are not home today, but the feeder can be observed from a cul de sac behind the house.  The cul de sac is at the intersection of Diamond Ave. and Jewel St in an undeveloped section of the subdivision.

There are 5 feeders in the back yard.  The bird was photographed on the squarish, tall black black oil feeder, as seen in the photos.

I watched for it between 8:45 and 9:30 this morning, but had to leave.  I'll be returning to the site this afternoon.  Matt, the homeowner, indicated that it arrived at 1:00 pm yesterday, disappeared until late afternoon, and was regular at that time.   I'll update if I see or hear anything.

Excellent photos were taken.  This is the fourth record of the species in Missouri, the last in 2010, I believe.

Good birding,
Greg Swick
Ozark, MO