I had 4 American Woodcocks performing their display calls in a field this morning at Maintz Conservation area.  It was too dark to see them, although I flushed one about an hour later from the edge of some nearby woods.  I was able to record the calls -- the sound is a bit faint, so use earphones -- you can hear peents, wing whistling, and "kissy" noises.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/982555/Woodcocks.m4a