Karen,
I have a Vortex Nomad and am very happy with it. Have had it about a year. Yes, when you adjust it up to 60 that decreases your field of vision. I usually leave mine on the 20 and just zoom in higher when I have to.  Mine was about $400 or $500. Make sure you get a good ($100) or so tripod. Stability is just as important as the scope. I have some Vortex HD binoculars and am happy with those. Maybe go for the HD if you can, picture seems sharp.

Jane Frazier
Jeff City