I walked MKT between Gustin golf course and one block north of Providence, beginning at 10:45.  Only one crow in the vicinity, calling above an injured deer just north of Providence.

Other crows heard to the west.  I drove there and saw a few fly over my head going north of Providence between West Blvd. and College Park Dr.
I searched the neighborhood with Maplewood as the central axis.  Found big flock.  Susuan H. joined me.  We had 32 birds, all crows.  At first very agitated, drawing attention of local jays; then they calmly dispersed.  Most headed east.

Several searchers, in touch via texting, are combing the area.

Edge Wede
Columbia, MO

ASM Spring Meeting: May 3-5 2013 in St. Joseph, MO