This morning I birded Rocky Fork Lakes CA (Boone Co.) with Saadia Bihmidine, Nicholas March and Jenna March from 7am-9:30am.

We were searching for Common Redpolls, but failed to find any. Lots of PINE SISKINS and a few AMERICAN GOLDFINCH, but no redpolls.

Shortly after sunrise we were treated to two separate fly-over RED CROSSBILLS. Here's a link to an audio recording: http://soundcloud.com/ryan-douglas-8/red-crossbill

About two hours later we finally found a flock of several RED CROSSBILLS feeding in a dead pine tree.

eBird checklist with some photos: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S12204883

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Douglas