Hi all,
Charley Burwick, Marvin DeJong, and I birded the southeast part of Stockton Reservoir today.  Highlight was an Eared Grebe that we saw from the boat launch at the Cedar Ridge Campground in extreme SE Cedar County.  Other species of note were 15 Common Loons and 20+ Horned Grebes.  At the Aldrich Arm in Polk County, we picked up 5 Least Sandpipers, 5 Wilson's Snipe, and  40 Bonaparte's Gull.

Checklists below....

Good Birding,
Greg Swick
Ozark, MO

Cedar Ridge Campground, Cedar, US-MO
Dec 7, 2012 12:30 PM - 12:50 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments: Charley Burwick, Greg Swick, and Marvin DeJong
6 species

Common Loon 15 Many seen from singular vantage point at boat launch.
Horned Grebe 20
Eared Grebe 1 Seen at 300 yards with Kowa 20-60 X 82mm zoomed to max. Also Leica Ultravid 77mm: bird was alone, not associating with small groups of nearby Horned Grebes, Peaked head, steep forehead, mostly dark head with indistinct transition from black to white, dark neck, fluffed white rear feathers, dark neck. digiscoped photo of poor quality available upon request.
Bald Eagle 1
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Ring-billed Gull 2

Aldrich Stockton Lake Arm, Polk, US-MO
Dec 7, 2012 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
6.0 mile(s)
Comments: Charley Burwick, Marvin DeJong, and Greg Swick
33 species

Canada Goose 15
Gadwall 35
Green-winged Teal 60
Hooded Merganser 10
Double-crested Cormorant 12
Great Blue Heron 2
Red-tailed Hawk 2
Killdeer 15
Least Sandpiper 5
Wilson's Snipe 5
Bonaparte's Gull 40 2 groups: One flock of 10 seen from Hwy 123 bridge, and one flock of 30 seen with group of Ring Bills 1 mile west of Aldrich, MO. White leading edge, most with black dot behind eye, a couple with fading blackish head.
Ring-billed Gull 75
Eurasian Collared-Dove 1
Mourning Dove 1
Belted Kingfisher 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Downy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 2
American Kestrel 2
Blue Jay 7
American Crow 85
Carolina Chickadee 2
Tufted Titmouse 1
Eastern Bluebird 8
American Robin 6
Northern Mockingbird 1
European Starling 1
Cedar Waxwing 6
Song Sparrow 1
White-throated Sparrow 6
Dark-eyed Junco 15
Northern Cardinal 4
Eastern Meadowlark 40

--
Greg Swick, Co-Director
Green Leadership Academy for Diverse Ecosystems (GLADE)

I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright. ~Henry David Thoreau