Forgive me for puerile recollections and for lowering the tone:-

...We three Kings of Orient are
One in a Taxi; one in a car
One on a scooter, blowing his hooter
Following yonder star......
(Christmas Carol, trad.)

On 29 December 2012 16:32, Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
(You'll kindly excuse me for posting it again. The emphasis, of course, is mine.)

the paradox of wisdom

I'd have it said of the Magi, the three 'wise' men of the East:

                            In order to arrive there,
To arrive where you are, to get from where you are not,
       You must go by a way wherein there is no ecstacy.
In order to arrive at what you do not know
       You must go by a way which is the way of ignorance.
In order to possess what you do not possess
       You must go by the way of dispossession.
In order to arrive at what you are not
       You must go through the way in which you are not.
And what you do not know is the only thing you know
And what you own is what you do not own
And where you are is where you are not.

Cheers,
  CR