Never encountered Rock Hall, Mike, but Cockley Moor is worth a look, if ever you find yourself at Dockray, beside Ullswater. The astronomer, Fred Hoyle, bought the place, after Helen  Sutherland's day - probably for the absence of light pollution at night. Certainly, in daytime, the total silence is palpable.

Kathleen Raine lived nearby (as the crow fles!) during WW2, at Martindale Old Vicarage. There were few private cars then: she had to get a bus from Penrith to Howtown then walk two or three miles up the precipitous little road to the vicarage - see pic attached. No wonder she lived to be not far from 100 years old !

All Best

David

ps
other noteworthy literary pilgrimage places (Eliotic) - Little Gidding (church and Eliot's pigsties); East Coker (Helyar Arms pub and village church.)