I think his reading is either quite structured in its dynamics and pacing  so the opening drone is a statement or he just gets caught up in the drama of Lil and so on where I find his reading light and appropriate but the opening is challenging isn’t it. Is it my imagination or does he drop the educated southern british accent after a bit. What a  put on it must have been – although he had been in the country for a while I suppose.  I sometimes wonder where the Royal Family learns to talk like that.

Pete

From: T. S. Eliot Discussion forum. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of P
Sent: Friday, 14 December 2012 9:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: 'The Waste Land': Book of a Lifetime

I'm kind of split on Eliot's own reading. The timing is superb but I find it kind of droney, too much monotone.
P. M.

Peter Dillane <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I have Eliot on MP3 in the car doing it. Helps with the commuting.  When I listen to Guinness the one gliding beside us becomes  Obi Wan Knobe  which is one association too many

Pete