I thought it might be interesting to know more about Sally Gardner since she is such a fan of TWL. So one can go to www.sallygardner.net, or read right here:
 Sally Gardner is an award-winning novelist from London. Her books have been translated into 22 languages and she’s sold over 2 million copies in the UK. She’s also been called ‘an idiosyncratic genius’ by the Sunday Times.

This October welcomed Book One of ‘Wings & Co’, ‘Operation Bunny’, the first of Sally’s fairy detective agency series, illustrated by the brilliant David Roberts. Watch out for the next in the adventure packed series, ‘Three Pickled Herrings’, coming Feb 2013…

Sally Gardner’s other 2012 release, for young adults,  ‘Maggot Moon’, has met rave reviews and international sales. It is her most daring work yet and has been hailed as a ‘dystopian classic’. It has been nominated for the Carnegie Prize 2013 and shortlisted for the Costa Book Award 2013.

Sally’s epic fourth novel, ‘The Double Shadow’, Orion, was released in November 2011 and has been highly acclaimed by librarians, students and critics alike – a film noir esque saga set between the two world wars, this novel has also been nominated for the Carnegie 2013,  making Sally the only double nominee this year!

Her historical fiction novel for Young Adults, ‘I, Coriander’, won the Smarties Children’s Book Prize in 2005. Her action-packed French Revolution thriller ‘The Silver Blade’, sequel to ‘The Red Necklace’ (2007), was shortlisted for the Guardian Children’s Fiction Prize in 2009. Actor Dominic West (‘The Wire’) has bought the film rights to both ‘The Red Necklace’ and ‘The Silver Blade’.

Sally Gardner’s stories for middle readers include the ever-popular Magical Children series (2006), such as ‘The Strongest Girl in The World’ and ‘The Boy with the Lightning Feet’, which are also available as audio books.

She has also written and illustrated original storybooks for younger children including ‘The Fairy Catalogue’ (2001) and the ‘The Glass Heart’ (2002).

Sally Gardner continues to be an avid spokesperson for Dyslexia, working to change the way it is perceived by society. She is dyslexic and argues that it’s not a disability, but a gift.

Sally strongly believes that children should not be patronised. She is opposed to the limiting expectations set for children and thinks books must successfully challenge or inspire their remarkable intellects and imaginations.
(from the website www.sallygardner.net)

Cheers,
Peter