Oh my, could they have decorated their certificate with any more
negatives? I'm betting it was a good course from which your partner
profited, but twenty lashes with a wet noodle to the U of Penn and its
English Dept for failing to put it in evidence on the certificate.
After reading all the "not's" in the fine print, one is left to wonder
what the "is's" are, or if in officialdom's eyes there are any. Typical.
Where have I seen that reflex before?

Ken A