On 12/3/2012 10:45 PM, Chokh Raj wrote:
> Education was always open, Ken, but this sort of revolution would be
> unthinkable
> without the role played by Internet as a facilitator.

Sure, CR. This forum would be unthinkable withoutthe Net. In that regard
I'm quite the enthusiast and duly appreciative of hearing from our
listers so widely scattered by geography but also by
interest/career/angle of vision. This is new. The Net brings something
new to every endeavor it mediates, and that thing is the Net. But there
is always something old wrapped up in the new. The next big thing, I
think, may look bigger and more fabulous for our not having a deep
appreciation of the last big thing. So I want to know more about the
character and effects of the current development before swooning in its
very presence, etc...At the moment Coursera is a loose collection of
schools offering non-credit courses over the Web. What it may become
remains to be seen, something fabulous or the same old same old in a
fabulous new coat. Stay tuned.

Ken A