Never encountered Rock Hall, Mike, but Cockley Moor is worth a look, if
ever you find yourself at Dockray, beside Ullswater. The astronomer, Fred
Hoyle, bought the place, after Helen  Sutherland's day - probably for the
absence of light pollution at night. Certainly, in daytime, the total
silence is palpable.

Kathleen Raine lived nearby (as the crow fles!) during WW2, at Martindale
Old Vicarage. There were few private cars then: she had to get a bus from
Penrith to Howtown then walk two or three miles up the precipitous little
road to the vicarage - see pic attached. No wonder she lived to be not far
from 100 years old !

All Best

David

ps
other noteworthy literary pilgrimage places (Eliotic) - Little Gidding
(church and Eliot's pigsties); East Coker (Helyar Arms pub and village
church.)