*Call for Proposals for joint meeting of the American Council on the
Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) and American Association of Teachers
of German (AATG), Orlando, FL, Nov 22-24, 2013*

*Integrating Language with Content across the AP and College German
Curriculum (Planned AATG Session)*

How do we integrate language teaching with meaningful, sophisticated
content across the German curriculum? This question is relevant to German
programs at all levels: AP teachers must rethink the role of content in
their entire curriculum if students are to be adequately prepared for the
new AP exam, and college faculty must find ways to retain significant
numbers of students from lower-level to upper-level courses if their
programs are to survive. The panel invites discussion of this topic from
theoretical, pedagogical, and/or curricular perspectives. How do we foster
in students over a few short years the language skills needed to deal with
sophisticated content? How can we deal with content in a way that promotes
language learning? What is the place of the communicative method in an
integrated curriculum? What insights can be gained from CLIL (Content and
Language Integrated Learning) or literacy-based approaches? Send electronic
submission of abstracts by December 14, 2012 to the chair, Jennifer Redmann
(Franklin & Marshall College): [log in to unmask]