For those who might enjoy them, I wanted to share some video clips and a few photos of the Mountain Bluebird I took on 11/17/12.  I'd sure like to be more educated by those who might know how it is being determined that this is a male.  (I heard from Kurt Dean's wife, Robin, that Kurt - an ornithologist from UCMO - says it is a first year male.)  My first impression was a rufous adult female Mountain Bluebird (going according to Sibley), but I do see a lot of blue on this bird (and I've only seen one other in my life.)  Please share any answers on the listserv.  I think others are interested and might learn from whoever might like to share their thoughts.  Here are my videos and photos:

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W6SkR5OBqQ&hd=1

Photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildreturn/8199253698/in/photostream