Steve’s post reminds me that I should have posted our sighting of Red Crossbills at Knob Noster State Park late yesterday afternoon. One male and two female Red Crossbills were seen in the pine trees along the west side of the closed portion of the road into Camp Bobwhite group campground. We observed them feeding for 10-15 minutes. Several Red-breasted Nuthatches were also present.

Susan Hazelwood

Columbia, MO