Several of us had a female Red Crossbill at Carondelet Park.  A young woman named Nila and I watched it off and on from about 1 P.M. to 1:50.   Then several birders came along and got their scopes on the bird, which perched perfectly, if only momentarily, in the top of one of the hemlock trees.   Several of us got very good looks at it.

Judy Bergmann
Rural Bonne Terre

From: Devin Peipert <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sat, November 17, 2012 3:52:07 PM
Subject: Re: St. louis crossbills

I had two Red Crossbills in Pere Marquette park today (near Grafton, IL). Red-breasted nuthatches and cedar waxwings were also abundant.

Devin Peipert
St. Louis City

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Patrick Maloney <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
One female crossbill seen (by others, not me) at Carondelet about 2:45.  A couple of Red Breated nuthatches and a couple of big hawks (Red Tails?).