A discussion thread on the American Birding Association Facebook page alerted me to the following petition:

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Create a Wildlife Conservation Stamp for Habitat Acquisition and the Conservation of Wildlife.
We propose a Wildlife Conservation Stamp, comparable to the well-known Duck Stamp, to support the acquisition of habitat and the conservation of all wildlife in the National Wildlife Refuge system with an emphasis on non-game species. A Wildlife Conservation Stamp would allow birders, photographers, hikers, and other people who enjoy wildlife in a non-consumptive way to financially show their support of the National Wildlife Refuge system.

If you support the petition, you may sign it on the White House Petition page:  http://wh.gov/X4pV   Petitions which receive 25,000 signatures will receive a response from the White House.

This post to the mobirds list is informational only.  It is NOT an invitation to discuss the issue here.

June Newman
ASM