For those who might enjoy them, I wanted to share some video clips and a
few photos of the Mountain Bluebird I took on 11/17/12.  I'd sure like
to be more educated by those who might know how it is being determined
that this is a male.  (I heard from Kurt Dean's wife, Robin, that Kurt -
an ornithologist from UCMO - says it is a first year male.)  My first
impression was a rufous adult female Mountain Bluebird (going according
to Sibley), but I do see a lot of blue on this bird (and I've only seen
one other in my life.)  Please share any answers on the listserv.  I
think others are interested and might learn from whoever might like to
share their thoughts.  Here are my videos and photos:

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W6SkR5OBqQ&hd=1
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W6SkR5OBqQ&hd=1>

Photos: