Whoops, this spam is not confined to MOBirds. I just got the identical email
from a relative!!
 "
----- Original Message -----
From: "Amy" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:29 AM
Subject: Spam warning no sighting

Fellow birders, just a note of warning: it looks like some kind of spammer
has gotten into Mobirds and is sending out e-mails under the names of
members of this group. These are pretty sophisticated spams in that the have
a subject line and may contain your name in the actual message. DO NOT CLICK
THE LINKS. I don't know what will happen. It may be a phishing (not pishing)
operation, or it may be a virus. But if you get an e-mail directly to you
from a MoBirds member and it just has a salutation or short message with a
link but no explanation, delete it right away.

Amy J. Hoffman
Jefferson City
Cole county