RED CROSSBILL, found by Bill Rudden, continued on Sunday at Carondelet
Park, St. Louis City.  I saw two birds, with the best look at a male
and,probably just as special, for me, anyway, I heard the gyp-gyp-gyp
flight call. This was in the pinetum at the corner of the park nearest
Leona and Loughborough.  Another birder, who had arrived shortly before
me, reported 1 female type.

Also seen in the park during my time there:  1 drakeWOOD DUCK, inthe
pond mixed with canadas andmallards; 1 GREAT BLUE HERON, standing high
up in a leafless oak and looking like a wood stork; 1 SHARP-SHINNED HAWK
fly by; 1 RED-TAILED HAWK; 1 AMERICAN KESTREL; 1 very busy HY RED-HEADED
WOODPECKER which, I swear, cached a nut up insidea street light; 2
RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH; 10 PINE SISKIN.

I spotted 4 EURASIAN COLLARED-DOVE perched in a yard near Lansdowne and
McCausland, and 1 COOPER'S HAWK nearby, working the front yards along
Lansdowne.

Photo here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90229327@N06/8198282226/in/photostream

There was a flock of 12 HOUSE FINCH in Francis Park.

Mike Thelen
Univ City, StL Cnty, MO