I saw an article in the Memphis Tennessee Ornithological Society's newsletter just now about a bill preventing the EPA from regulating toxic lead shot. I copied the follwoing part:

The Sportsmen’s Heritage Act (S-3525) would rewrite the Toxic Substance Control
Act to prevent the EPA from evaluating the risks or even considering regulation of toxic lead ammunition.
This bill has already passed the House and is scheduled for a vote in the Senate November 13 after the
election.

MTOS urges its members to write their U.S. Senators. More info can be found at biologicaldiversity.org, click on the picture of the eagle.

Jane Frazier
Jeff City